Automation workflow is a series of actions that are triggered by a contact’s behaviour.
Some pre-built workflows that can be used to move contacts from one list to another, send out a series of emails as users join your list or even entice a website visitor to make a purchase after they’ve abandoned a shopping cart are available.
Elements to build an automation workflow
Triggers – User-based actions that start your workflow
Filters – Filters allow altering of customers based on a specific condition.
Actions – The active components, that occurs in between sending emails.
- Contact is Added – When any contact is added source specified.
- List Membership Change – When user us added or removed from any member list.
- Cart is Abandoned – When a cart is abandoned.
- Order is Added – When an order is placed.
- Contact is First Seen – When a user first seen.
- Contact Last Seen – When user last seen is greater than or equal to any specific time.
- Loyalty Point Changed – When some loyalty points achieved by the users
- List Membership – You could send a contact a different welcome email, filtered by if they got on the list from a pop-up page or check out page.
- Segment Membership – If contact is part of a re-engagement series, you can use this joint to filter contacts that have become re-engaged and not send them subsequent messages in the series.
- Email Activity – You could use the Email Activity node to filter contacts based on whether they opened a message that was in a delivery you sent.
- Cart Status – Before you send a cart recovery message, you could use this node to see if the original cart is still abandoned. However, this does not guarantee that the contact did not place an order on another device.
- Delay – Set some amount of time in-between the process.
- Change List Membership – If a contact is on a welcome series list, you can use this node to exclude them from promotional content series lists.
- Send Email – Use this node to send an email to your contact.
Email workflows can be customized and setup sequentially in below three steps –
- Create a customized template Set up now | How to set up
- Create a customized message Set up now | How to set up
- Create a customized workflow or enable the pre-built workflow Set up now | How to set up